I’m always amazed at how the covered buttons instantly dress things up.
I think the thread I was suppose to use for the mattress edge was a nylon thread. Also, even though I was fairly happy with the tufting I realized after the fact that I could have achieved a deeper tuft if I had drilled holes in the cushion foam itself.
Another thing I noticed a few days after using the new cushion was that I need to add some sort of ties to it to secure it to the bench. It shifts around a bit with two kids sitting on top! Also maybe I would even skip the covered buttons altogether as one has already popped off!
For the most part I am happy with the outcome. Then bench is definitely a better height with the cushion and a more comfortable place to sit. Now at some point I’ve got to start thinking about making a cushion for that other bench! But for now I think I’m done!